Reduce the Fuels, Reduce the Risk Access vegetation management equipment and trained operators at a significantly reduced rate to improve your wildfire protection for a TinderSmart Tehama. The Cost-Share Service (Service) provides community access to a suite of vegetation treatment equipment including a chipper, masticator and other management tools as well as an operator for treatment of flammable vegetation targeting the first 100′ around their home.Treating vegetation beyond the Defensible Space buffer may be considered.
The Service is an agreement between the landowner and the Tehama Conservation Fund (TCF). The landowner will pay an estimated 25% of the total cost for the agreed upon work. The remaining 75% of the total cost will be covered by TCF through the California Climate Investments funds provided by the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection’s Wildfire Prevention grant.
Are you Eligible to Participate in the Cost-Share? The service is intended for Tehama County residents who do not meet the free Defensible Space Assistance criteria. Eligible properties must be located in Tehama County, less than or equal to 2 consecutive acres, and designated within a State Responsibility Area (SRA) or Local Responsibility Area (LRA) or Wildland Urban Interface (WUI) zone. Check the Eligible Properties Map via CAL FIRE’s Fire Hazard Severity Zone (FHSZ) Viewer to see if your home is located within the TinderSmart Tehama Defensible Space Assistance program. On the map the SRA is classified as a “Very High” Hazard Severity Zone in pink, “High” in orange, and “Moderate” in yellow while the LRA “Very High” Hazard Severity Zone is in red.